When we think about packaging as a tool for companies, we often think of bubble-wrap, packing peanuts, and other components intended to protect your products in transit. However, there’s more to packaging than simply getting an item safely into the hands of your customers.
Look at Apple, for instance. This company maintains a secret packaging room where they test dozens of designs to find the best solution for their customers. However, you don’t have to be an innovative tech organisation to discover the benefits of high-quality product packaging. In fact, companies in the entertainment industry may be the best-suited to exploring the advantages of packaging.
Packaging is powerful because it tells your customers what makes your company different. Something as simple as a luxury popcorn container can make your consumer feel like a VIP when they sit down to watch a movie with you. At the same time, a cold drinks cup with your logo branded on the side makes your business appear consistent, and professional.
Well-designed packaging – no matter how simple – delivers a message to your customers about who you are, what you stand for, and why they should stick with you over your competitors. Here’s how high-quality product packaging can lead to a first-class theatre experience.
Giving Your Business “Star Quality”
In every industry, first impressions can be crucial to maintaining a loyal and happy customer following. While a paper bag full of popcorn might be functional and cost-effective for your company, it might not pass the “first impression test”.
For a theatre, packaging should communicate a sense of luxury, comfort, and prestige. Remind your customers that they’re there to get a once-in-a-lifetime experience they simply can’t get with a Netflix account and a packet of microwave popcorn by:
- Creating textured packaging that feels good in your customers Even when they’re paying attention to the movie, their subconscious will be focusing on your brand and the way it feels in their hands.
- Using incredible imagery: Beautifully printed logos and vibrant colours instantly make any packaging more appealing. Just remember to stay away from shades that might not be appetizing when you’re packaging food – like purple or green. Here’s a list of unappetizing colours to help.
- Offering a range of sizes: Your customers want choice, so make sure that they can decide whether they want small, medium or large beverages and snacks from your company. This will help them to feel like they’re getting an experience tailored to them.
Remember, studies into first impressions show that they take milliseconds to form – even before cognitive processing can take place. Even when these impressions are contradicted by factual information later, it’s hard to change the way someone feels about you when they’ve already made their mind up thanks to poor packaging.
How Can You Combine Product Packaging with Marketing?
As mentioned above, product packaging isn’t just about protecting your items while they’re in transit to customers. While your theatre website and print ads might seem like the ultimate way to market to your customers, you’d be surprised just how powerful your packaging can be when it comes to nurturing powerful customer relationships.
For instance, printing a QR code or social media account information on the side of a popcorn container could convince someone to follow you online, and even recommend your theatre experience to other people in your local area. You could even use your packaging to invite people to get involved with online competitions and in-person events.
With your high-quality cold cups, popcorn packaging, and even candy containers, you can:
- Cultivate stronger relationships with your target audience: Show off your logo to expand brand awareness and remind your customers of your value. When they see the amount of effort you’ve put into designing your packaging, they’ll see how invested your company is in delivering quality experiences.
- Combine offline marketing and offline advertising: Link your online and offline strategies with branded hashtags on your cups and popcorn containers. You can also run competitions like Instagram or Snapchat picture contests where people send in photos of themselves at your theatre.
- Encourage people to reach out: The more people engage with your theatre, the more connected they’ll feel to you and your brand. By engaging in conversations with your customers, you can learn what they need from your company to keep coming back to your theatre in future. For instance, do they want bigger popcorn containers? More ice in their drinks? A popcorn and drink combo deal?
Making an Emotional Connection
There’s a surprising amount of psychology involved in creating fantastic product packaging. While you might not need a degree in human behavior to understand the people who visit your theatre each day, it helps to know what they’re looking for when they come to you for entertainment.
After all, days at the movies aren’t just about seeing the latest film anymore. Plenty of people would be happy to wait and see the picture when it comes out on Blu-Ray. The only way that today’s theatres can survive, is to offer an experience that customers can’t get elsewhere. From the smell of your popcorn to the feel of your packaging, your clients need to see that your brand is one-of-a-kind.
When choosing packaging for everything from popcorn packets, to drinks, remember:
- Customers are more likely to keep re-purchasing a product when they have an emotional connection to the package. Include images on your packages that are designed to make your customers smile, laugh, or even feel surprised!
- Technology can help: Sometimes, technology can help you to create a longer-lasting experience through your theatre packaging. For instance, the winemaker 19 crimes allows customers to download apps and point their camera at their bottle to see it come to life with one of 19 stories.
- Different elements trigger different responses: Everything from colour to shape and texture, can build an emotional connection with a customer. Use them to your advantage, and you’ll find more people come back to your theatre.
Are You Making a Memorable Movie Experience?
Packaging can be a powerful thing. Everyone remembers the unique cups they see at the theatre that have been designed to advertise the latest movie showing or the popcorn container that helps to perfectly distribute butter throughout the corn.
While what’s on the outside of your products might not seem as valuable as what’s within – remember that your packaging is one of the most important things you have when it comes to interacting with your movie customers. If you can give them that gold-star experience, you can rest assured that your business will be the next big blockbuster.
To find out more about custom packaging feel free to contact as directly at 86-21-57382058